Me

Me
See Why I Need to Lose Weight?

Monday, January 25, 2010

Drama, Night at the ER

It has been a few days since I updated my blog. I've had a sick baby.

Friday night I had to take her to the ER because her temp was 103.5 and we couldn't get it to come down with meds and she'd gone over 5 hours with no wet diaper. Not good. Turns out she just had a virus. They gave her higher doses of Tylenol and Motrin to help bring the fever down. She's been mostly fever free the last 24 hours, but has a little cough. Since we've all had H1N1 I'm not too concerned.

On Friday, I was feeling quite discouraged with my eating and weight loss. Having not lost even a pound by then and feeling very fatigued, I was thinking "what am I doing?" Had some errands to run and on our Christian radio station, there was this 2 minute spot on Fitness Gods Way and it was really just encouraging the listener that God was for them in their weight loss and health goals and to hang in there. I felt so encouraged!

Saturday I was very tired from a long night with a sick baby that I gave myself permission to not exercise. I also had to work, so I ate a decent breakfast and decided I would treat myself to something fried at my work along with a diet pop. I regretted this choice for the rest of the day. I honestly felt yucky from eating the greasy food and drinking the pop. I'd been better off to just stick with the healthy choice and drink water. Lesson learned.

Sunday, I got up and exercised, and the Wii Fit asked me how come I had taken a break yesterday! Go figure that a computer trainer is making me feel guilty!!! I ate much better Sunday and stuck to healthy choices and was feeling better for doing so.

Today (Monday) I didn't get to the exercises until the afternoon. I added in a new strength training exercise that targets the abs and upper arms (guess where all my fat is??). I also started doing the marching band and a few days ago I went to the Advanced Rhythm Boxing. I really enjoy this even though alot of times I don't do the punches hard enough. I always feel like I'm punching something and when you do well, the trainer encourages you so that's fun too. Just trying to mix things up a bit.

So while I didn't eat so well this weekend, it's not a total loss. I purchased jeans in the size I normally wear at a resale store and they need a belt. I purchased some undergarments a size smaller than what I wear and I really should have gone down one more. So while the pounds are not showing up so much this time, the inches are melting and I'm making progress, and for me, that's something!!!

Tomorrow, weigh in...

No comments:

Post a Comment