Me

Me
See Why I Need to Lose Weight?

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Things I Learned About Myself This Week

This week was not a good one when it comes to health and weight loss. I started out with a sinus infection and was feeling so full in the head I didn't want to even THINK about exercising! So 4 days I waited until I started to feel better, all the while trying to not eat things I shouldn't. Then I got a touch of stomach bug that everyone passed around our house and I missed another day of exercising. Stomach bug went away and then I started craving chocolate.

Massive amounts of chocolate.

And fried foods.

I always crave these foods when I have PMS.

I put off exercising for 6 days total. Today I got back to it and had gained a little over a pound. Some of that is water from being bloated (PMS). But the rest of it is from not doing as well as I should have this week.

I did learn something in this process. I did allow myself to give in to some of the cravings I had by putting them to rest with small amounts of chocolate or a smaller order of fries and pop. I learned that I don't have to eat as much as I would have before when I have these cravings, and I don't have to necessarily deprive myself of them when that PMS hits me like a freight train. If I would have exercised this week, I probably would have lost something.

While I'm aggravated at myself for letting a whole week slip past, really wasted in a way, it was not wasted completely. I learned that I can have a small amount of chocolate (10 M&M's instead of the entire package) to put those cravings to rest and that I don't have to deprive myself all the time to keep loosing weight and be healthy. I also learned that PMS is gonna come and if I am prepared to handle it and make a point of pushing the exercising that week, I will be just fine.

This is a journey. It's a process of learning about me and my love of food. So in alot of ways while you can't measure my progress on the scale this week, I feel like I made a huge leap.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go--I'm so proud of you for keeping the positive attitude. I've slipped these past few days too...but I'm ready to get gung-ho again this weekend!

    Hoping the snow leaves you (and us!) soon!

    ReplyDelete